Top 6 Creative Funeral Ideas
Are you looking for a way to memorialize your loved one at their funeral? There are many creative funeral ideas that will honor your loved one in a respectful, unique manner. We all want to give our loved ones a proper send off. Something that will provide them with an honorable remembrance, while giving those who remain comfort. Thinking about the person who has passed is the first start in choosing the right creative funeral idea that will represent who they were, and what they have meant to those lives they have touched. Provided here are several creative funeral ideas that will get you started when decided how to proceed.
Here are the top six creative funeral ideas:
- Fulfilling the dream of spaceflight – Honoring your loved one by providing them with the ultimate dream – to travel to space. This dream can be honored by launching a symbolic portion of cremated remains into Earth’s orbit. A company called Celestis offers this unique creative funeral idea. They have satellites where your loved one’s remains will rest, or can be returned to you after a trip into space. This unique way of honoring a loved one is excellent for those who dreamt of space flight, were adventurous, loved the stars, or many other reasons.
- Instead of bringing flowers or food to the bereaved, ask for those who want to show their sympathies to provide a donation to a favorite charity of the departed, or a scholarship fund. Many people spend a lot of time and money purchasing flowers or food. Inform them that instead of this kindness, send that money to a charity favorite of the loved one who has passed. This honors them and their beliefs. If they were one to help in the past, they can continue helping in the future with this special funeral idea.
- Make the funeral look like it belongs to the departed loved one. In other words, did they have a collection? Figurines, stamps, baseball cards, arts and crafts creations, or any other unique part of them? Displaying these types of things that were close to the loved one who is departed will help make it a lighter atmosphere, and will really showcase who the person was. Did they collect comic book action figures? Display them everywhere to show this person’s passion for life.
- Choosing a unique funeral song. This does not have to be a sad, monotone song. You can choose any song that the departed loved or something that represents them completely.
- Releases – This can be doves, butterflies, balloons, or anything else that can represent a celebration of life. Accompany it with a poem or prayer. It is a great release for those departed and remaining.